Monday, November 7, 2011

Final Field Trip

Friday was our last field trip, the weather was amazing and beautiful. I also did a lot of climbing too. 
The first place that we went to was called Browns Portal tomb, which is known to be the largest stone left in Europe. 
Some irish people say if you walk under it right that you will get good luck, other say its bad luck if you walk underneath it all. So, I decided instead of finding out which luck I would get I decided to climb it. 
Me and Shawna on the rock! Photo was taken while I still inch my way up to the top. The view was amazing you could actually see the morning mist, and a lot of farm land! 

Our next stop was off to a chocolate factory called the chocolate garden, where we learned how the chocolate was made and processed. We also got to try samples of each white, milk and dark chocolate. After the learning process was done we got to make our own molds of chocolate!!!



Then after that we went to a mall place and had lunch. They had their christmas stuff up and it made me miss home more then I already do, because Christmas is a big deal for my house trying to find all the things for it and putting them in their stockings. The tree is always the best part because we have to move furniture around to get it in the middle. However, I found nothing that I liked to buy for my grandma yet :( maybe when we go to Dublin again I will. 

After that we went to Ring of Rath which was fun. It is this ring that is huge and people can only go in the second and first ring because it has been excavated yet. They had electrical fences up so people would  go off and steal or tamper with anything. Also, during which we did a panoramic of the whole group where two people where in two different places in the photo. 


Hopefully I will get more pictures up for this post! But that will have to be later in the week. 


As far as my weekend went it was an emotionally roller coaster. But on the bright side I got to play world of warcraft with my boyfriend a couple times. I also stayed up until 3am one night to play Smartass the board game which I won because I used google to look up the answers, and we played uno, that game I lost at because I think my sister-in-law was cheating. 

Not much is happening the rest of the week expect for the weekend where my roommate and I are going to go to Cork. We want to see Cobh, it is the last place that the Titanic ported before going down.  Other than that we probably will look for free things to do. Hopefully it will be fun. Also, something else that I forgot to mention, we decided to put up postie notes across our room on how many days we have left. Yeah, that might sound depressing but in away it is helping us get through this time. If you were wondering it is down to 40 days. 
Hopefully the time will keep going by fast I'm ready to be appreciative of the things I have at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment