Saturday, September 17, 2011

The fourth Day!

Okay so this is my fourth day in Ireland, I was able to go grocery shopping without getting homesick terribly. We went to the convent a couple days ago and it was a grand old time, the sister we so nice and the were willingly to tell us everything about the convent and how Carlow University sisters convent was even founded and what actually happened in Ireland as they were leaving. It kind of felt like just stories passed down from sister to sister instead of reading it in the history books or something.

                                                 (the convent, where the sisters live)

They showed us almost the whole convent. they even let us try on a couple stuff from sister mary's trip to Pakistan. After all the touring around we even got served tea and food. I drank some of my tea and just set it aside and the sisters where all over me asking why i wasn't drinking it, and then i told them I'm not a big tea drinker. So, they made me a cup of hot coco with a hint of mint and the sister felt bad because she thought she made it wrong because I sat there and just got the extra clumps. But it was diffently a grand time to go and see where are founder of the convent came from.

That night we also went out to a Irish pub and listen to traditional music it was really coool. They have it every Thrusday night so I'm pretty sure we will all be going back there. This dude that played a buhgaga thingy said he gives lessons out too and he pointed to me and was like your a drummer which I thought was really weird.

Well, today we are off to see the Carlow Castle... Will write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment