Sunday, October 9, 2011

The feeling inside

There is one thing that I have learned from this experience, it is how much I actually appreciate the people around me even if they don't know that much about me because I shut myself off to them because i thought i wasn't going to fit in with them. Being here in another country has made me realize how much i do fit in with my dysfunctional family and how much I love having family dinners and everyone sitting around the table talking about their day.
 I also realized how much I depend on my cell phone to communicate with them. Since, it is the only way besides the internet that I can stay in touch with friends when I am always on the go.  It is really hard to stay in touch with people when you are five hours ahead of them and you are used to talking to them every second of the day. I’m even finding myself wanting to talk to people I haven’t talked to in a long time.
I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm happy with my decision on coming to Ireland because of the fact it has made me realize that even though you give them a hard time, you fight with them a lot, or you can't forgive them about something. You do forgive them in the long run because that is what you do when you love someone and care for them.
Also, I’m beginning to find myself in all of this and who I am now and maybe what I want out of this experience in the long run. Going to all these different places where churches use to be actually has made me realize how much I am out of touch with the Lord, and I’m actually finding myself wanting to learn more and rekindle that flame. When I get home I am planning on going to a mission trip to Alaska with my family and I hope it goes through because I’m really excited for it.
P.S. about 9 weeks left, 69 days to be exacted and about 78 days until Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment